Thursday, February 14, 2008

Negative Hibernation

A good fried of mine gave me a deadline.
"You have until the end of February." she said.
I told her that I thought it was a good thing to tell me. I have something to work toward, I have a goal.
"Yeah,.... I never keep my deadlines though."

I am feeling confident that I can make it.


I got some plaster and started working on the cracks. It worked pretty well, and I know that I can live in this building and neighborhood for a while longer. I don't think that my plaster is going to ever completely fix those cracks. I've come to the conclusion that that must be done by someone else. I don't know who they are yet,but I have an idea, and I don't know what they are going to use, but the material will be perfect, and it will be applied so that it lasts.

I think that I have finally turned a corner so to say.This road is still hazardous, and I still have to take time to rest and remove the thorns from my unprotected feet, but through the ground I can feel a rythm. It is full of life, and is like a warm sound of orange and blue entertwined. It reminds me to remember myself.

The snow right now is both beautiful and annoying. Taking walks at night is so peaceful. I reccomend walking in the very center of the road and listening to string based instrumentals, or songs that could be seen as "background soundtrack" type for a movie, and watching how the snow falls. Here it is nice beacuse no one ever drives late anymore. Down side is the cold, but it is not that bad.
I'm still not using my time as wisely as I maybe should be. Right now I'm taking time to do this post instead of do homework that probably should get done sooner or later. While I should probably change this, I also feel that this is how things are going to continue to be. Just as long as I don't procrastinate on anything important.

2 comments:

Churaesie said...

i have been wondering -

- we have many co-incidents,
but sometimes it seems like a balance is upset too far and we trade experiences. - as if there is some set amount of experience that circulates between us. We can either share it equally or hand it off.

for example,
This is the first february in 5 years during which I have not felt as though I was enduring some horrendous obstacle.

but it seems that this time, you have an important project.

there are other examples.

calendar time...
both so illusory, and yet, so useful.

Schzamn said...

This is an interesting theory.

Also: thank you, this post has been very useful and has helped me to remember. I will try taking more walks.