Thursday, December 7, 2006

a casual time

this is a post to follow me around my day and get to know me better. i WISH i had kept a track of things that i was going to right down, so you just have to bear with me and my poor punctuation skillz. firstly, i was tricked (as i manage to be more than not), but this time coming from authority, our american histroy teacher. under the belief that we had to do a survey on how much drugs we have knocked ourselves up with in the past 12 months for the first 2 periods, i figured (along with many others) "oh, i have spanish first hour. guess i don't have to do that homework..but just in case.." so i did appoximently 1/2 of it. that would be just copying down the sentances leaving blanks for the appropriate verb conjugation.This...was not to be. arriving at school early, i studied for an up coming shakespear quiz, and walked around the halls with friends who gave me hugs. i was happy. tired, but happy. cold because i only had a t-shirt on in wisconsin winter (it's not so much i'm "cold" but i like to keep the warmth that i had while i was in bed to follow me about my day. it may explain why hugs are awesome.) so, coming to spanish class with the full certainty that we are merely there to say we are here and then we will proceed to the computer lab to figure out how abusive we really are. somehow, the surveys were only to be done during the earliest required class....american history...2cd hour...not first hour...which was now..so, hoping for the best pressed the claim that my homework was done, but at home.which actually true upon checking. spanish teachers tend to believe you more when you actually tell them that in spanish.
so the survey.. this is the up part of the day. for the most bit, i find this surveys very amusing. for instance, if you tell someone something long enough, they believe it. that is what i think of when i see this list of questions:
-when have you taken drugs?
-how many drugs have you taken in the last 2 weeks?
-how many drugs have you taken in the last 4 weeks?
and so on. eventually, it is my impression that even if a kid hasn't taken any drugs, after the 15th question on the topic, they begin to crack and think "will....i may have taken drugs.. until they just answer 'yes' so that the questions stop. then it moves to -how many times have you had intercorse in the last month? like i said. i'm waiting for some one to just scream: "YES I'M SOOOO SORRY! IT WAS MEEE!" or something.
then, we took a career survey, and apparently i have no interest in anything, yet i have the same job projections as some of the study-study oriented people and the closest i got was either an artist, or a psychiatrist. i was very pleased with this. especially seeing how my class mates recieved jobs like "cab driver" "cement mixer" and "the person who tells people their jobs due to survey results". also, this means that i will get the amazing salary that i would prefer, and i can do things like "when you wake up, your going to make me a sandwich and give me a very nice tip" person wakes up "hm...oh uh,hey do you ...want a sandwich or something?" "yes, why thank you"
now, i may be a nerd, or just brilliant in a particular field , but the Halo 3 commercial that was linked in my previous post is, not only amazing, but by my conservative count, i've watched it 30 times regularily, 10 times frame-by-frame, and 3 times on max volume to try to make out some of the whisper dialog. i like my halo. for those of you too oblivious to super-amazing plots be critical of a great game. it's beautiful.
we'll talk more about my obsession, and my plight to prove how good it is later.

Saint "Nicks" day
well, at our house this holiday is rarely practiced. when asked about why we didn't get little laser pointers or goodies, while other kids did, my father would answer "you got to sleep inside, i figured that was your present" sentimentality isn't really his strongest point. so, we actually got to celebrate it by buying 5 dollars worth of food items at the grocery store on the way home. i went for candy items, several candy bars and a few pounds of gummy worms (drools). my little brother decided to buy some actual food. .. and got sick. he always gets "sick" somehow. sleep over at a friends house just about guarantees he's not going to school the next day. so, now that was a while ago, and my supply of iced tea and gummy worms are running low. i just realized i should cut up the gummy worms, and use them as a substitute for gummy bears in suudsu
apart from that, i just got back from a halo 2 LAN and after playing about 12 hours of halo, tried to sleep. and when i woke up, i do as i usually do. i don't move at all, control my breathing to try to keep it exactly the same as it just was, and very slowly and carefully open one eye (i'm kinda paranoid and heavily influenced by martial art flicks) i heard a shuffle that sounded a bit to carefully placed to be stepping over me, and waited half a second to decide that it was someone about to try to draw on me with a marker or something stupid while i was asleep. making up my mind i kicked with my nearest foot toward the sound at about shin height (i was sleeping on the floor) and was rewarded with audible "holy s***" and "i knew it was only a matter of time before his ninja instincts kicked in!"
the seversons showed up and that made the whole time pretty schweet. nicknamed by me the sever-twins (they're identical twins) they moved away about a year ago and it was nice seeing them.. me and alex still haven't gotten that hand-shake down.
wow.. it's only 2-ish weeks till chrismahanakwanzaka...seems i've let time get away from me yet again. sometimes i swear that guy has it in for me.

2 comments:

Churaesie said...

St "Nick's" Day...

I haven't laughed so hard or sporadically or genuinely at an internet thing in a long time.

It's so true.

I also slept inside for St "Nick's" Day.

Anonymous said...

St. Nick's Day

Well I do remember Hennager running out of the T.V. room holding his knee screaming in agony and laughter at the same time. You did well young padawan.(if thats how you spell it) I must say your stories are the stuff of comedies. I think you should become a world-class psychiatrist-comedian-writer. But what do I know, i was one of the people who got "road side worker" or "stop sign holder" for that job analyzer. Overall I beleive anyone can be whatever they want to be, so if ur true calling is a "taxi driver" then go ahead and be a taxi driver. (and marry a really rich wife!) Or if you really want to be a doctor for the job and not the pay, be a doctor!! (yet, still mary a really rich wife)...hmmm...maybe I should think about who I am going to mary first...well anyway, good job on another quite pleasing, rib-burning, head spinning, ninja kicking good story.

(we don't even celebrate "Nick's" Day:(