Thursday, February 11, 2010

Empty Nest

Oddly enough my entire section now are living in singles. Either with people gone, or with activities, B sec is effectively empty. This is a little nice because I actually feel like I have a little more control on my activities and can focus a little better without being prompted to do things other than my goals. I need to capitalize on these precious days of concentration so that later I will have time to more. So far I've started up an Anime reviewing blog that is a little bit of fun. So far I've got a few good things that I've been able to express but it is still a long way away from writing what I mean to say. I like to feel like I have some sort of authority in the subject and that the things I say might actually be right and agreeable. However, there is still a long way away from that. Pictures will have to start being taken again if I am to truly take advantage of the absence of people. I need to reconnect to my camera and tell stories again. Mushshi has definitely helped be remember the small things. That along with Place Promised in Our Early Days.

***
I am now in possession of The Anime Art of Hayao Miyazaki which is proving to be very useful in what I should know in order to make Pocket-Watch a better blog for actually knowing things. Having a single is pretty nice. I still haven't gotten everything organized, but I like to sprawl. Just sitting down at a desk for a small subject usually means I have to see everything I'm going to be using. Being able to do this a little more is nice. Being able to sit in my room and let my thoughts swirl around in a confined and safe space is very useful. If I was truly doing this I would start trying to cover the walls in japanese and more art that I should be getting around to. For now I will try to relax and recollect.