Sunday, March 30, 2008

Wait

A Wrinkle In Time: Madeleine L'Engle

Mrs. Watsit looked at Charles Wallace, and the creaky voice semed somehow both to soften and to deepen at the same time. "Charles Wallace, the danger here is greatest for you."
"Why?"
"Because of what you are you willl be by far the most vulnerable. You must stay with Meg and Calvin. You must not go off on your own. Beware of pride and arrogance, Charles, for they may betray you."

"...We do not know what this means to see."
"Well, it's what things look like," Meg said helplessly.
"We do not know what things look like, as you say" the beast said."We know what things are like. It must be a very limiting thing, this sight."

"Who helps you?" Meg asked.
"Oh, dear, it is so difficult to explain things to you, small one. And I know that it is not just because you are a child. The other two are as hard to reach into as you are. What can I tell you that will mean anything to you? Good helps us, the stars helps us, perhaps what you call light helps us, love helps us. Oh, my child, I cannot explain! This is something you just have to know or not know."
"But-"
"We look not at the things which are what you would call seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things wich are seen are temporal. But the things which are not seen are eternal."


I was reminded today about waiting. I went to church today with Shane for the first time in what seems forever. It was a good thing. It felt like one of the first times I was at lifest. Things were said, and I listened. I need to remember to read over Acts. After one of the most monumental parts of the Christian time line, Jesus was risen, and his word to his disciples was simply "Wait. Just wait for a moment. I have so much more in store for you." I feel as if I have almost been physically jerked from a mentality I have been in. I don't know how to describe the level of mentality I have been on, but at least I feel more and more able to work, and do things.

1 comment:

Churaesie said...

This reminds me of

"Here's my secret. It's quite simple: One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."

-The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

"
(*)