Thursday, August 16, 2007

Heiluemes

For the last few days, i've been having dreams where at some point in time, i am asked to write, read, or spell something. i think this is part of my brain challenging me to be able do things like this in dreams. remembering from a bat man episode from my childhood of amazing cartoon shows, Bruce realizes he must be in a dream world when he tries to just sit down and read something, but the words are terribly scrambled. likewise, i almost always know i'm dreaming, so when i was supposed to spell "heliums" (..i'm supposing the plural of helium) it become obvious that i couldn't spell it no matter how hard i tried. i also found out that if i were to look at the words closely,they would be close, or having some recognizable letters in them, but were alltogether not real words. but when looked at from afar, i could understand exactly what the words read. many times before have i read things in dreams, but this was the first time i noticed i wasn't really reading anything. it was just an immediate understanding that this is was the book/letter/writing says.

apparently, my next step is flip the lighs on and off.

1 comment:

Churaesie said...

One of the times when I noticed this

was actually when I was supposed to be writing a paper. It was very late.. I mean, early... and I was tired.

The paragraphs kept moving around and a word would suddenly be spelled differently after I blinked and tried to think about it.

Except that this was semi-real,
and I actually had to turn it in in real life.